We are currently looking for candidates for 2 positions - Garment tech and production assistant. Job descriptions below.
Full/part time Garment tech
- Manage Menswear & Ladieswear across wovens, jerseys and knits (Main focus on Menswear)
- Create Technical Packs with detailed sketches, specifications and clear comments from proto stage
- Organise and conduct fit sessions from proto through to shipment.
- Responsible for sealing and issuing graded specs.
- Establish and update key blocks
- Liaise with the Far east and European agents/supplies
- Work to critical paths and to maintain dead lines
The ideal candidate:
- Minimum 5 years experience working as a Garment Technologist in multi products
- Experience in both Menswear & Ladieswear
- Good Knowledge in wovens, jerseys and knits
- Thorough understanding of construction, fit, and sealing processes
- Good communication and computer skills. Excel literate.
- Attention to detail
- Good organisational skills
- Pro active team player
Salary dependent on experience. To apply please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
We have an exciting opportunity for a full time graduate production assistant for a 5-6 month period. They will assist both the womenswear and menswear production and development teams in the creation of new seasons and the coordination of the current season production.
- Assisting with the setting up of tech-packs
- Assisting with the creation of spec drawings using Adobe Illustrator
- Organizing trims to be sent to factories for sampling and production
- Measuring new samples for fit meetings
- Measuring and quality control of shipment samples
- Updating style information on the online data management system
- Maintaining fabric and trim information on the online data management system
- Creating mock-ups and visual tools for factories
- General support for the production and design teams
- A recent graduate from a relevant Fashion or Textiles course
- May have previous experience of working in a production environment
- May have a basic understanding of sewing and garment construction
- Have a good knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Office
- Be organized and have strong communication and problem solving skills
- Work well in a small team
Salary: 18,000, per annum To apply please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org